Updated August 14th, 2020.
Beloved, grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
In accordance with our President’s Guidelines for Opening Up America Again and our Governor’s plan to move New York Forward, we have been meeting regularly in our gymnasium to worship on the Lord’s Day. This has been according to a plan developed for our church that complies with CDC guidance for communities of faith at this time. We want to thank all those who have been worshiping with us and have been following these guidelines.
Beginning Sunday August 30th, we will be moving our worship gatherings back into our church’s sanctuary. While we will continue to follow our plan for a modified Sunday worship service (see below), we are excited to be able to worship together again in our newly renovated sanctuary space.
Out of love for Christ and his church, and in submission to the leadership of ECC, we are asking those who join us to please continue to do your part in helping us carry out this plan. The following guidance must be followed in order for us to honor our authorities, to love our neighbors, and to gather safely at this time. For the purposes of this gathering, we ask that you set your personal and political preferences aside and lay down your rights for the sake of others.
If you have any reservations about gathering—either because of your age, health condition, or conscience—please do not feel obligated to join us for these services.
Modified Sunday Worship Services
The following is our plan for a modified worship gathering:
We will be meeting in our sanctuary beginning at 10:30am.
- We will resume our regular Sunday liturgy, with services lasting approximately 90 minutes.
- Rows of seating will continue to be spaced out to maintain social distancing. We ask that households please sit together (or those who drove in together) to make efficient use of our seating.
- Please stay at your seats for the duration of the service, including our time of fellowship during the service; simply greet those around you.
- Lord willing, our lower auditorium will serve as an overflow room in the event that we reach maximum occupancy.
Congregants must practice social distancing.
- Please stay at least six feet apart from others and perform non-contact greetings (even if you’re personally fine with close contact). So please, no handshakes or hugs.
- As per state guidance, please wear a mask when you are unable to remain six feet apart from others. We recommend wearing a mask as you enter, exit, and move throughout the building, specifically as you meet with others.
- Once seated, you may remove your mask for the duration of the service. If you must get up and move around, please put your mask back on.
No Sunday Classes, coffee service, or drinking fountains are available at this time.
- Children will not be dismissed from the service during the time of fellowship but will remain with their parents/guardians.
- Parents who are not used to having their children in the worship service must prepare for this.
- Both our changing room and upstairs nursing moms room will be available for parents to use. We ask that social distancing guidelines still be followed in these smaller spaces.
A staffed nursery will be available for children ages 0-24 months during the service.
- Nursery volunteers must practice social distancing (unless they are members of the same household) and wear masks if unable to be six feet apart from others.
- As per CDC guidance, masks should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2.
Restrooms will be available only for emergencies.
- Families are encouraged to use restrooms at home, so as to avoid having to use facility restrooms. This is so that we do not have to clean them constantly throughout the service after every use.
The Lord’s Supper will be celebrated with pre-filled cups.
- These will be available upon entrance for all those participating. Remember, the Lord’s Supper is reserved for baptized Christians who belong to a gospel-preaching local church.
Offerings will be collected using stationary boxes mounted on either side of our media booth in the back of the sanctuary.