Books, Podcasts, and Online Resources for developing a well-rounded Christian worldview.
As Christians, we should know what we believe, why we believe, and how to share it (Col 1:10; 4:5-6; 2 Tim 2:15; 2 Peter 3:15-16, 18; Eph 4:11-16). These resources will help you know how to read and understand the Bible, grow in your understanding of the Christian faith, and share the gospel. They should only supplement, not replace, your commitment and service to the local church.
- Recommended Reading List. This page lists books divided into the main categories of a comprehensive biblical worldview. Some are easier to read, while others are written at a more technical and academic level. Take up and read!
- New Believers. This page contains a brief list of helpful resources on the Christian life for new believers who are starting out on their journey of following Jesus
- Bible Reading Plans. The folks over at Ligonier Ministries have compiled a list of Bible reading plans. We highly recommend starting and sticking with a Bible reading plan.
Online Bible Study
- Biblia.com - A powerful online Bible with dozens of free resources from the makers of Logos Bible Software. Download the Logos Bible App for your mobile device.
- ESV.org - An online ESV Bible with affordable subscriptions to additional study resources (also an app)
Resources for Parents and Families
Catechisms simply teach biblical truth in an orderly way and have been used throughout the history of the church. Generally this is done with questions and answers accompanied by biblical support and explanation.
- A Catechism for Toddlers & Preschoolers. This is a short, 36-question catechism for ages 2-5. Most of the questions have one-word answers.
- New City Catechism. A modern-day resource aimed at helping children and adults alike learn the core doctrines of the Christian faith via 52 questions and answers. It is based on the great Reformation-era catechisms.
Books and Bibles
For more resources on parenting, kids, and family check our recommended reading list
- The Jesus Storybook Bible, by Sally Lloyd Jones. This Bible does an excellent job at helping young children see Christ and the gospel in all of the Scriptures.
- New Growth Press. This publisher has an outstanding selection of kids books that we cannot recommend highly enough. They have books on theology, ethnic diversity, gender, the gospel, and counting primers based on Scripture.
- The Gospel Coalition - Serves the local church by providing gospel-centered and Christ-focused content
- TGC Courses - A free, online learning platform curated by the Gospel Coalition. Highly Recommended
- Desiring God - Helpful biblical resources and FREE books from the ministry of Pastor John Piper.
- Ligonier Ministries - The teaching fellowship of R. C. Sproul.
- 9 Marks - Equips church leaders with a biblical vision and practical resources for the local church
- For the Church - Gospel-centered resources that are pastoral, practical, and devotional.
- The Bible Project - Videos that explore the Bible’s unified story.
- Core Christianity - Resources for reformation to Christians and churches.
- Credo Magazine - A free digital magazine with biblically-grounded, Christ-exalting content.
- Founders Ministries - Encouraging the recovery of the gospel and the biblical reformation of local churches
- Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission - Engaging the culture with the gospel and speaking to issues to protect religious liberty and human flourishing
- Crossway - Publishes gospel and Bible-centered content that will honor our Savior and serve his Church.
- Westminster Bookstore - Trustworthy resources at prices comparable to (and usually lower than) Amazon.
- The Briefing - Daily worldview analysis about the leading news headlines and cultural conversations with Dr. R. Albert Mohler Jr.
- Ask Pastor John - John Piper answering theological and pastoral questions.
- Renewing Your Mind - The principal outreach of Dr. R. C. Sproul and Ligonier Ministries
- The White Horse Inn - The teaching ministry of Michael Horton.
- Credo Podcast - Theological conversations to help you understand theology and be better equipped to live the Christian life.
- For the Church - Reflections and conversations aimed at encouraging leaders in gospel ministry.
- TGC Word of the Week - Sound biblical sermons selected by The Gospel Coalition Editors
- 5 Minutes in Church History - Provides an informal and informative look at church history.
- Signposts - Russell Moore talks about the latest books, cultural conversations and pressing ethical questions that point us toward the kingdom of Christ.
- God Centered Mom - Helping moms stay centered on God during the crazy waves of motherhood
- The Indwelt Women - Podcast for Christian women on the Christian life.
- Doctrine and Devotion - Exploring Christian faith and practice from an experiential perspective marked by the fun and humor that characterize real friendship.
- Truth For Life - The Bible-teaching ministry of Alistair Beg